However, unlike WhatsApp, Messenger lacks a basic yet handy feature which is the ability to send files or documents. Due to this limitation, it’s not possible to send attachments such as a PDF, Docx, MP3 or a Zip file using the Messenger app. In addition, you won’t find Messenger in Android’s Share menu either when sharing a file directly using a file manager.
That said, if you want to send a file through Messenger itself then that’s possible. Ironically, Messenger Lite, a stripped-down and lighter version of Messenger includes the file sharing option. It is surprising that the feature is a part of the Lite version but excluded from the regular app. The Lite app is just 10MB in size and consumes very less mobile data.
ALSO READ: How to Find Archived Stories on Facebook App
Speaking of Messenger Lite, the chat app by Facebook is available in many countries including US, UK, Canada, and India. In regions where it isn’t available, Android users can simply download the app’s APK and sideload it. On the other hand, you won’t find Messenger Lite for iPhone and iPad. Though iOS users will still receive any files sent to them from Messenger for Android.
Send a File using Facebook Messenger on Android
Simply follow the steps below to send files in Messenger.
- Install Messenger Lite on your Android phone.
- Open the app and log in with your Facebook account.
- Now open the desired conversation or chat.
- Tap the + button at the bottom left and choose the File option.
- Then tap the menu from the top left and select your device.
- Select the file from a particular folder on your internal storage.
- Hit Open and then tap Send to send it.
The only downside is that you can’t send multiple files at once.
We hope you found this article helpful.