FILEminimizer Pictures 3.0 goes FREE & gets Facebook integration [Image compression tool]
Just got an email from balesio AG that FILEminimizer Pictures 3.0 has been released, the new version is completely Free and now offers integrated uploading of optimized images directly to Facebook. It is a great tool that helps in saving your time and bandwidth.
FILEminimizer Pictures 3.0 optimizes digital photos and images and achieves file size reductions by up to 98% without zipping. For example, a JPEG photo with a size of 5MB can be reduced to only 0.1MB. After compression, the images are still in their native file format and looks beautiful considering the vast deduction in their file size.
It is very easy-to-use with a simple interface, and is a boon for users who frequently upload their Digicam pictures on social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter. For them, the Web/E-mail compression option serves the best purpose. Optimizing images saves your bandwidth and time as well as of the person who is seeing your uploads.
- Fast Image compression by up to 98%
- Supports JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG and EMF image formats
- Pack & Go: optimize your images and pictures and directly send them via email
- Facebook Integration: compress your photos and upload them directly to Facebook
- Search Wizard: find and compress pictures, images and photos on PCs and networks
- Choose the most adequate compression from 4 different compression levels
- Batch Process: compress whole digital photo albums at once
- Advanced settings for lossless compression, handling of EXIF information, etc.
- "Drag & Drop" files directly into program
- Multilingual interface – offered in English, German, French, Italian and Spanish.
- Fully compatible with Windows 7
- Free full version – No registration required, no strings attached.
Our Results on basis of different Compression settings:
Web/E-mail compression – 2.80 MB sized Digital camera JPG photo (dimensions: 3264×2448) was reduced to JPG image sized 144 KB with dimension of 640×480.
Standard compression – 2.73 MB sized Digital camera JPG photo (dimensions: 3264×2448) was reduced to JPG image sized 291 KB with dimension of 1024×768.
Low/Print compression – 2.59 MB sized Digital camera JPG photo (dimensions: 3264×2448) was reduced to JPG image sized 612 KB with dimension of 1600×1200.
The results were good for all the 3 compressed images, their image quality was good and hardly any difference in quality was noticeable. However, ‘Upload to Facebook’ feature didn’t worked for me and also the ‘View files’ button wasn’t doing anything.
Download FILEminimizer Pictures 3.0 (4.7 MB)