How to Fix ‘Open in New Tab/Window’ problem in IE8 ?
There is a bug detected in Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, which creates problem to open links in a new tab or a new window. This issue occurs when a user right-clicks a web link/address on a web page, and then click [Open in New Window] or [Open in New Tab]. This bug makes the web page cannot be opened in a new window/tab.
This is caused due to some registry problems occurred, when the program doesn’t get installed properly. To resolve this issue, follow the below steps:
1. Go to Start > Run, type cmd and click ok.
2. In cmd window, type regsvr32 actxprxy.dll and enter it.
3. Now you will receive the following message: DllRegisterServer in actxprxy.dll succeeded. Click Ok
4. Restart your computer.
UPDATE – (New Method)
To resolve this issue, re-register the DLL files that are related to Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click Run
2. Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll in the Open box, and then click OK.
3. Click OK when you receive the following message:
- DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 for the rest of the DLL files by replacing the regsvr32 urlmon.dll command in the Open box with the following commands:
- regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
- regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
- regsvr32 mshtml.dll
- regsvr32 browseui.dll
- regsvr32 jscript.dll
- regsvr32 vbscript.dll
- regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
Now your IE8 Open in New Window/Tab feature, should work simply fine.
Update – New Working Method
Download this registry file and run it. Click ‘Yes’ when dialog box appears to add it to Windows registry. Hope it works! Thanks lasiek & neil for the tip.