If you’re looking for custom launchers for your Android phone then you’ll find a ton of such apps, available for free on Google Play. While a few like Nova launcher, Google Now launcher and Microsoft launcher allow users to effectively customize their phone. At the same time, there are numerous launchers that add unnecessary stuff to your device and are the sole reason for frequent pop-up ads and crashes. They also tend to invade your phone, show surveys and can be difficult to uninstall at times.
In this post, you will learn how to uninstall Android launchers like Emoji Launcher, Emoji Home, Color Flash and CLauncher.
Emoji launcher for Android lets you personalise your phone with stylish themes, wallpapers, call screen themes, keyboards and so on. The app also adds a dedicated Emoji app that packs trending emojis, gifs, stickers and a cool emoji store. It also sorts the apps into smart folders, provides tools to optimize battery life and free up memory. Other features include app lock, junk cleaner, and online games.
Now let’s see how to get rid of such apps in case you’re unable to uninstall them the regular way.
Table of Contents
How to Remove Emoji launcher on Android
- Go to Settings > Apps and locate the Emoji launcher app.
- Open the app and tap on “Open by default” option.
- Tap on Clear Defaults.
- Go back and now the Uninstall option should be enabled.
- Select “Uninstall” to remove the app. Tap Ok to confirm.
That’s it! The default launcher will now be enabled.
NOTE: If you’re still unable to uninstall the app then you might first need to deactivate it as a device administrator. To do so, go to Settings > Security > Device administrators and uncheck Emoji launcher. You can now uninstall the app without any issue.
How to Uninstall Emoji Home App on Android
Similar to Emoji Launcher, Emoji Home is another bogus app that adds a lot of bloatware to your phone. The app is intruding such that it completely hides the uninstall option when you try to remove it from the app drawer. You will see the uninstall button when removing other apps though. This is outright pathetic and it is best to get rid of such apps.
To remove Emoji Home, follow the steps below.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the home screen to open the app drawer.
- Look for the Emoji app. Then press and hold the Emoji icon and tap ‘App info’.
- On App info screen, tap the ‘Open by default’ option and tap ‘Clear Defaults’.
- Go back and the uninstall button will be enabled. Tap ‘Uninstall’ and select Ok to confirm.
- Now go back to the home screen and select the system launcher or your desired launcher as the ‘Home app’.
Enjoy the clean look.