Facebook is Public by default. This means that everyone can see who are your friends on Facebook without adding you as a friend. If you are serious about your privacy on social networks then it isn’t a good idea to publicly display your Facebook friends. There can be various reasons as to why you might want to hide your friends list on Facebook.riends list on
For those unaware, Facebook has a privacy setting that lets users control who can see their friends list. There are several options that you can choose from as per your preference. Though the option to make friends private exists since long on Facebook. However, you may get stuck while trying to hide or make friends list private using your mobile phone.
Let’s see how to hide the ‘Friends’ section on your Facebook profile so that your list of friends isn’t visible to other friends.
Make Facebook friends list private on iPhone
- Open the Facebook app and tap the Menu tab at the bottom right.
- Scroll down and go to Settings & Privacy > Privacy Shortcuts.
- Under Privacy, tap on “See more privacy settings”.
- On the Privacy Settings screen, tap “Who can see your friends list?”.
- Select the “Only me” setting if you don’t want anyone else to see your Facebook friend list. Alternatively, you can choose a different privacy setting.
That’s it. The steps are similar for Android users.
ALSO READ: How to find birthdays on Facebook app 2020
Here’s what all the privacy options mean:
- Public: Anyone on or off Facebook can view your friends’ list
- Friends: Only your friends can see your list of friends
- Friends except: All your friends can see the list expect the restricted ones
- Specific friends: Show list only to some friends
- Only Me: The list is private and only you can see your friends
NOTE: People may still see friends you have in common (Mutual friends) when they visit your profile. Also, if your friend has a public friends list then anyone will be able to find out that you are friends.
Tip: You can also choose to show your friends list only to a particular list that you might have created on Facebook. This can include custom lists such as Close Friends and Acquaintances.
ALSO READ: How to see your Friends list on Snapchat