[Editor Note: This post is written by Pratyush. He likes to discover the web and share the ideas. He also has a Tumblog with some nice shares at Fully-Faltoo.com.]
I love to see the HQ images on my desktop. However, there are still some sites which don’t provide the HQ Wallpapers for widescreens, sticking to the orthodox 1024 X 768 resolution. So the journey began by resizing them using some smart tools to get smart results.
Here I share some ways to zoom the images without letting the letting them get pixilated.
1) Download Liquid Resize: Liquid resize is a software to “re-target [image size] without losing quality”.
2) Get some cool wallpapers or images: So while the download completes (not large in size though), get some good wallpapers. We began with the ones at IndiaFM which has a good low quality gallery.
Here is the one we took up:
3) Open the image with Liquid Resize: So hopefully the download has completed and we have a nice wallpaper (though low in resolution) to begin with.
4) Put in the attributes (target size): On the left side bar there is the option for “Absolute Change”. Put in the figures for “Width” and “Height” (preferably your screen resolution). Unmark “Maintain Aspect Ratio” if needed.
Enable Mask: Under Protect/Delete mark enable and select “Protect Area”. Also set the appropriate brush size to paint the picture as required (in the next step).
We put in 1440 X 900 | 100 Brush Size
5) Paint/Mask the main object: Now comes the most important part. Paint the main object in the picture to protect it from disproportionate resizing.
6) Hit “Retarget”: Yeah, this is the final step to the mission. Click the “Retarget” button under the “Absolute Change”. It will take some time in processing and soon you will have a good HD Wallpaper.
So it was a simple and “no-techno” trick without requiring expertise in Photoshop. The whole process takes less than 5 minutes and also less than 5 Mouse Clicks.
Hope you enjoyed this short tutorial trick, do share your results.
Also look at the HD Wallpapers section for more posts related to HD Wallpapers and Images.