It’s New Year 2017 and OnePlus has surprised its fans with an exciting gift in the form of a much-awaited software upgrade. A while after releasing the Open Beta 1 (Nougat) for OnePlus 3T, Carl Pei announced the rollout of the stable Android 7.0 Nougat update for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T users. The OxygenOS 4.0 Nougat OTA update for OnePlus 3 and 3T is being rolled out gradually to a small number of users worldwide (including India) and the wide rollout could take a week or more. The update brings several new features and enhancements, take a look at some of the highlights:
- Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
- New Notifications Design
- New Settings Menu Design
- Multi-Window View
- Notification Direct Reply
- Custom DPI Support
- Added Status Bar Icon Options
- Improved Shelf Customization
Now those who can’t wait anymore can rather choose to install the update manually by sideloading the official OTA zip file and this process is even easier than the VPN method.
- The device must be running Stock ROM
- Carefully download the correct OTA file for your device
- Backup your important data (Advisable)
- Make sure your phone is charged
Guide to Update OnePlus 3 & OnePlus 3T to Stable OxygenOS 4.0 (Android 7.0 Nougat) –
1. Download the official OTA update below for your device:
- OxygenOS 4.0 (Full update for OnePlus 3T)
- Oxygen OS 4.0 (Full update for OnePlus 3 running Open Beta)
- Oxygen OS 4.0 (Incremental update for OnePlus 3 running OxygenOS 3.2.8)
Note: This is NOT Beta, it’s the official update that you will get via OTA.
2. Transfer the downloaded Zip file to the phone’s internal storage.
3. Boot into Recovery – To do so, go to Developer options and enable the “Advanced Reboot” option. Now hold the power button and reboot into Recovery.
4. Select English and choose “Install from local storage”. Then browse to the relevant directory and select the zip file that you transferred in step #2.
Now, wait for a couple of minutes for the installation to complete.
5. Then go back and select “Wipe Cache”. Reboot
That’s it! Get ready to enjoy Nougat on your OP3 or OP3T 🙂
Features & Changes Android 7.0 Nougat brings to OnePlus 3/3T [Video]
Source: OP Forum