How to Revert back to Stock MIUI ROM on Redmi 1S
Recently, we shared a guide on “How to Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat based CM11 ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 1S”. Apparently, several users followed our instructions to flash CM11 on their Redmi 1S, of which some now want to switch back to official MIUI v5. After getting several requests asking how to revert back to the stock MIUI 5 ROM on Redmi 1S, I decided to write about it. Though, the procedure is almost same as stated in our earlier guide but still we are sharing it. You can install MIUI again either using stock Mi-recovery or custom recovery like CWM or TWRP. Below you’ll find both the methods, choose one that fits you best!
NOTE: Method #1 will wipe your entire internal device storage, including your data such as photos and media files. So, make sure to backup all your important data first.
Method 1 – Installing MIUI 5 on Redmi 1S using CWM Recovery (v220.127.116.11)
1. Download MIUI Stable Full ROM for Redmi 1S-WCDMA Global. Current build: JHCMIBH43
2. Then transfer the downloaded .zip file to the root directory of your phone’s external storage (/sdcard1).
3. Reboot into CWM recovery – Power off the phone and then press “Power + volume up” button simultaneously to boot into recovery mode.
4. Flashing MIUI ROM –
Select ‘Wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm to wipe.
Select ‘Wipe cache partition’ and confirm. Go to advance and ‘wipe dalvik cache’ too.
Go back and select ‘Install zip’. Select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and then choose the ‘miui_H2AGlobal_JHCMIBH43.0_7fe90ca4df_4.3.zip’ file and install it.
Reboot your phone by selecting ‘reboot system now’. That’s it!
Method 2 – Installing MIUI 5 on Redmi 1S using Stock Mi-Recovery
1. Download MIUI Stable Full ROM for Redmi 1S-WCDMA Global.
2. Rename the downloaded zip file to update.zip.
3. Transfer the update.zip to the root directory of phone’s internal storage.
4. Reboot into recovery – Power off the phone and then press “Power + volume up” button simultaneously to boot into recovery mode.
5. In Mi recovery mode, use volume keys to navigate and power key to confirm. Choose English, then select ‘Wipe & Reset’. Then ‘Wipe User Data’ and ‘Wipe Cache’.
6. Now go back to main menu, and select ‘Install update.zip to System’. Select Yes to confirm and the update will begin installing.
7. When Update is installed, go back and select Reboot. That’s it!
~ Your phone should now boot up running official MIUI ROM. 🙂
Note: Make sure to wait for a while when the phone boots up for the first time after flashing.