It’s been a week since the developer beta of iOS 15 is out and boy we do love it. In addition to several new key features and enhancements, iOS 15 packs a bunch of hidden stuff that you might not discover right off. One such feature is the ability to rearrange home screen pages in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15. While iOS 14 had the option to hide individual app pages from the home screen. However, there was no way to rearrange screens in iOS 13 and iOS 14. iOS 15 fixes this certain limitation!
The reorder app pages option might appear tiny but is a lot useful to clear up the mess and better organize your iPhone’s home screen. The need to change the order of home screen pages in iOS 15 may arise when you have a lot of apps spread across different screens. In such a case, you can simply move home screen pages comprising your most-used apps to the starting position. Whereas one can move pages with rarely-used apps to the end or hide them altogether.
By rearranging pages on the iPhone, one can launch frequently-used apps a lot quicker. Now let’s see how you can change the order of your iPhone home screen in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15.
How to change the order of home screen pages on iOS 15
- Press and hold an empty area on the home screen.
- In jiggle mode, tap the dots at the bottom center of the screen.
- Make sure the page you want to move is enabled (has a tick mark underneath it).
- Tap and hold an app page, then drag and move it to your preferred position.
- Once you’re done reordering pages, tap “Done” at the top right.
That’s it. This way you can even change the default home screen on iPhone to a different one of your choice, something that wasn’t possible until now.
TIP: Delete home screen pages in iOS 15
Besides letting you change the order of home screens, iOS 15 lets you delete individual home screen pages. This would come in handy to get rid of empty home screens or unwanted app pages that you might have.
To delete a home screen page in iOS 15, follow the steps below.
- Long-press an empty space on your home screen.
- In Edit mode, tap the page dot button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the (-) button at the top-left corner of the page you want to delete.
- Tap “Remove” in the confirmation box that appears.
- Then tap the “Done” button in the upper-right corner.
Note that apps on a page you delete will continue to remain in your App Library.
I do not want pages displayed as a grid. how dan I restore the ios 14 sequential display of pages