Instagram offers a ton of effects from various categories that one can add to their story and reels. You can browse effects in the Instagram effects gallery or search for a particular effect you want to use.
Meanwhile, stories and reels posted on Instagram specifically mention which effect is in use. Users can try that effect instantly, share the effect with someone or save the effect to use later.
Where are my saved effects on Instagram?
While most people know how to save an effect or filter on Instagram. However, you may not be able to find the saved effects, the next time you want to use an effect that you saved earlier. That’s because the Saved directory on Instagram shows all the posts, videos, reels, and reels audio you save but not the saved effects. Moreover, the Effect gallery that includes all your saved filters or effects isn’t easily accessible.
Worry not! There’s a simple way to view your saved effects on Instagram all in one place.
Now let’s see how you can go to your saved effects on Instagram stories and reels.
How to access your saved effects on Instagram story
- Open the Instagram app and swipe right on the screen. Or tap ‘Your story’ at the upper-left corner to add a new story or reel.
- Select the ‘Story‘ tab from the bottom of the screen.
- Select an effect from the effects row at the bottom. Then tap the effect name.
- Expand the options menu and select “Browse effect gallery” from the list.
- In the Effect gallery, tap the “Saved” tab at the top-left corner.
That’s it. Here you can check all your saved Instagram effects.
Alternative Way –
On the create story page, look for the effects row at the bottom of the screen. Then swipe right on the effects and you will see all your saved effects on the left side of the camera shutter button. Continue to swipe to the right to view the saved filters in chronological order.
ALSO READ: How to access your story drafts on Instagram
How to view saved effects on Instagram Reels
- Make sure you are running the latest version of Instagram.
- Go to the Reels section in the Instagram app and tap the camera button at the top-left to create a new reel.
- Tap the “Effects” tool from the sidebar.
- In the effects section, tap the Save tab (bookmark icon) next to the search option.
- All the effects saved by you will appear in chronological order. You can also swipe up to see all the saved effects in an expanded view.
- Browse and select an effect you want to apply to your reel. Then tap on the preview screen at the top to create a reel with the chosen effect.
RELATED: How to use two filters at the same time on Instagram reels
Alternate way –
To quickly find and use saved effects on Instagram reels, go to the Reels section. Then tap the dropdown icon at the bottom-right corner and select “Saved effects”.
All your saved effects will then appear under the Saved (bookmark icon) tab. Scroll through and select the effect you want to use.
NOTE: Effects that are designed for reels won’t work with Instagram stories and vice-versa.
Tysmm so helpful ??