Recently, Windows 8 Consumer Preview was released by Microsoft which crossed one million downloads in just 24 hours. Perhaps, if you’re a Windows 8 tester using the re-imagined Windows as your primary OS, then here is something useful for you. These Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts officially provided by MS, help users control various settings and toggle functions in Windows 8 quickly with the ease of your keyboard.
Below are listed some of the efficient Windows 8 Keyboard Shortcuts (list compiled by Rob Margel of MSDN Blogs).
· Windows key – Brings up the Metro start screen. You can start typing to search for an app, just like the Win7 start menu.
· Win + B – Switch to the (classic) Windows desktop and select the tray notification area.
· Win + C – Brings up the Charms menu, where you can search, share, and change settings.
· Win + D – Brings up the old Windows desktop.
· Win + E – Launch Windows Explorer with Computer view displayed.
· Win + F – Brings up the Metro File search screen.
· Win + H – Opens the Metro Share panel.
· Win + I – Opens the Settings panel, where you can change settings for the current app, change volume, wireless networks, shut down, or adjust the brightness.
· Win + J – Switches focus between snapped Metro applications.
· Win + K – Opens the Devices panel (for connecting to a projector or some other device)
· Win + L – Lock PC and return to Lock screen.
· Win + M – Minimize all Windows on the desktop
· Win + O – Locks device orientation.
· Win + P – Choose between available displays.
· Win + Q – Brings up the Metro App Search screen.
· Win + R – Switch to the (classic) Windows desktop and display the Run box.
· Win + U – Switch to the (classic) Windows desktop and launch the Ease of Access Center.
· Win + V – Cycles through toasts.
· Win + W – Brings up the Metro Settings search screen.
· Win + X – Launch Start Menu.
· Win + Y – Temporarily peek at the desktop.
· Win + Z – Opens the App Bar for the current Metro application.
· Win + Page Up / Down – Moves tiles to the left / right.
· Win + Tab – Opens the Metro application switcher menu, switches between applications.
· Win + , (comma) – Aero Peek at the desktop.
· Win + . (period) – Snaps the current Metro application to one side of the screen. (Right side)
· Win + Shift + . (period) – Snaps the current Metro application to the other side of the screen. (Left side)
· Win + Space – Switch input language and keyboard layout.
· Win + Shift + V – Cycles through toasts in reverse order.
· Win + Enter – Launches Narrator
· Win + Arrow Keys – Switch to the (classic) Windows desktop and enable Aero Snap
If these aren’t enough, then check out the comprehensive list of Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts displayed in the image below. (Click on the image to view it in full size.)
Do share your favorite Win 8 keyboard shortcuts below in the comments section.
via [The Windows Blog]