How to See Memories on Instagram and Post as Story
Earlier this year, Instagram quietly introduced the “Memories” feature to its platform. Similar to Facebook, it shows users an old post shared by them on the same day, a year ago or even earlier. However, unlike Facebook, there is no dedicated setting to see the memories on Instagram. Instagram rather shows an “On this Day” notification for any existing memories within the app itself. You can choose to re-share the suggested memories with your friends and followers as an Instagram story.
Besides the notification tab, you can find memories in the “Archive” directory on Instagram. Though most users aren’t aware of the existence of memories in archives probably because they are hidden deep inside. By manually looking for memories, you won’t miss any of them even if Instagram doesn’t notify you about a certain memory. Now let’s see how to see Instagram memories and post them as a story.
How to Find Memories on Instagram
- Open the Instagram app.
- Go to the profile tab from the bottom right.
- Tap “Archive” (reverse-clock icon) at the top right (Android) or top left (iPhone).
- Tap the drop-down menu at the top.
- Select “Stories archive”.
- Scroll down to the bottom to see your Memories.
The “On this Day” memories if available will be displayed right away. Do note that only you can see your memories and archived stories unless you choose to share them.
Note: Check for memories in “Posts archive” as well if you can’t find them in your Stories archive.
Tip: Open the notifications (heart tab) to look for memories that you may have missed earlier.
ALSO READ: How to Clear Search History on Instagram
How to Post Memories on Instagram Story
After viewing your old memories, you can share them with a #throwback or #memories hashtag. To post a memory,
- Tap the “Share” button next to the memory.
- Tap the picture or video added in the memory to switch its view.
- The page will show memories sticker by default, tap to change it to “On this day”.
- Add any personalisations, stickers or effects if you want.
- Tap “Send to” and share it to Your story, Close friends or specific people.
Optionally, you can delete the date & year sticker from the memory. To do so, tap and hold the date sticker and drag it to the bin at the bottom.
That said, you can also share a story from your Stories Archives whenever you like.