OnePlus has finally taken the wraps off the OnePlus 7T, almost four months after launching the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. Alongside the 7T, the company has unveiled its much-awaited OnePlus TV at a launch event in India. In case you’re looking to get this phone or got to try it already, then you may find the need to take screenshots on OnePlus 7T. Thankfully, there are few different ways to capture a screenshot on OnePlus devices running OxygenOS. You can find all of them below.
Taking a screenshot on OnePlus 7T
Method 1 – Using physical buttons
This is a traditional way to take a screenshot on an Android phone, regardless of the OS or custom UI it runs on. In this method, you need to use a certain combination of hardware keys to get the job done. Here’s how to do it on OnePlus 7T.
- Open the screen that you need to capture.
- Now press and hold the Power and Volume Down button, simultaneously.
- The screen will flash momentarily, followed by a shutter sound.
- You will also see a preview of the captured screenshot.
- In the toolbar at the bottom, you can select the edit, share or delete option.
To view the screenshots, navigate to the “Screenshot” folder in the OnePlus Gallery. Alternatively, you can see the screenshot directly from the notification shade.
Tip: Expanding the screenshot notification will open up the share and delete options.
Method 2 – Using a swipe gesture
On OnePlus phones, you can simply use a swipe gesture to quickly take screenshots with single-hand. Though you first need to enable a particular gesture in OxygenOS settings to enable this function. Follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings > Buttons and gestures.
- Select “Quick gestures”.
- Turn on the toggle button next to “Three-finger screenshot”.
- Now swipe up or down with three fingers to capture the screen.
How to take a scrolling screenshot
In addition to regular screenshot, OxygenOS on OnePlus 7T allows you to take a scrolling screenshot. This comes handy when you want to take an expanded screenshot of a chat conversation or an entire webpage. To do so,
- Press the Power + Volume Down button at the same time.
- Tap “Scrolling Screenshot” icon from the bottom toolbar.
- The screen will scroll automatically and capture continuous screenshots.
- To stop scrolling, tap on the screen and the long screenshot will be captured.
NOTE: The scrolling will continue until the end of the page or screen if you don’t stop the capture.
Besides OnePlus 7T, the above methods will work on OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, 6/6T, and 5/5T.
Speaking of OnePlus 7T, the smartphone lies somewhere between the 7 and 7 Pro. The 7T is the first device to ship with OxygenOS 10.0 based on Android 10. In terms of upgrade, the phone features a 90Hz Fluid AMOLED display, triple cameras at the back, and the flagship Snapdragon 855+ chipset. Besides, there is 100mAh bump in the battery capacity over OnePlus 7 and it now supports Warp Charge 30W.