The iPhone camera is equipped with a LED flash that also doubles as a flashlight or a torch. The flashlight comes in handy when you are looking for something in a dark or low-lit area. Whatever you may use it for, the flashlight on iPhone is bright enough to aid you in most situations. Perhaps, if you just got an iPhone then you must check the below guide to use the flashlight on iPhone 13.
Table of Contents
How to Turn On/Off Flashlight on iPhone 13
There are several ways to turn the flashlight on or off on the iPhone 13, 13 mini, 13 Pro, or 13 Pro Max. Besides iPhone 13 models, you can use the below methods on Face ID-enabled iPhones including iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, XS, X, or an iPad Pro. Let’s get started.
From Control Center
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of your iPhone to go to the Control Center.
- Tap the Flashlight button to turn on the flashlight. The torch icon glows blue when the flashlight is enabled.
- Tap the Flashlight button again to turn it off.
TIP: It is also possible to adjust the brightness of the flashlight. To do so, simply press and hold the Flashlight button in Control Center and drag the brightness slider up or down.
NOTE: By default, the Flashlight control is present in the Control Center. However, if you cannot find it then you might have accidentally removed it.
To get the flashlight back on Control Center, go to Settings > Control Center. Under ‘More Controls’, look for the “Torch” control and tap the + button alongside it. The Torch will now move to Included Controls where you can reorder to change its position.
From Lock Screen
The iPhone lets users access the flashlight directly from the lock screen. This makes it relatively easy to turn on the flashlight on iPhone 13 without the need to first unlock the device.
To turn on the flashlight from the Lock Screen on iPhone 13, follow the steps below.
- Press the Side button (on the right side) to view the Lock Screen. You can also use ‘Raise to Wake’ or ‘Tap to Wake’ features to wake up your iPhone screen.
- Press and hold the Flashlight button in the bottom-left corner of the screen. The round button will then turn white, indicating the flashlight is on.
To turn off the flashlight, tap and hold the flashlight button again.
How can I remove the flashlight from the Lock Screen?
Unfortunately, even in iOS 15, Apple hasn’t introduced a setting to remove the flashlight from the lock screen. We personally prefer such an option as at times the torch turns on itself when the iPhone is in the pocket.
Just like various other tasks, you can simply use Siri to toggle the flashlight on or off.
To do so, launch Siri either by saying “Hey Siri” or pressing the Side button on your iPhone. Then use one of the below voice commands to get the task done.
- Turn the flashlight on.
- Switch off my flashlight.
- Switch on my torch.
- Turn the flashlight off.
How to put the flashlight on iPhone 13 home screen
Looking to turn the flashlight on or off without Control Center? Well, you can create a shortcut to toggle the flashlight on or off directly from the home screen. And that too without using a third-party app.
To add a flashlight shortcut to your iPhone home screen on iOS 15,
- Open the Shortcuts app and tap the “My Shortcuts” tab.
- Tap the + button at the top-right corner.
- Tap on “Add Action”.
- In the search bar at the top, search for “torch” and select “Set Torch“.
- Tap the word “Turn” and select “Toggle” from the Operation menu.
- Optional: Tap the “right arrow icon” and set the default brightness for the flashlight. This is to ensure you get the exact same brightness whenever you use the flashlight via shortcut.
- Tap the Preferences button at the top-right.
- Select “Add to Home Screen”. Then enter a home screen name and choose an icon for the flashlight shortcut.
- Tap “Add” in the upper-right corner and hit Done.
- That’s it. A flashlight icon will now appear on your home screen.
To enable or disable the flashlight, simply tap the Flashlight shortcut icon on the Home Screen.
Turn the torch on or off using Back Tap
The “Back Tap” functionality (an accessibility feature) in iOS 14 or later lets you take a screenshot or lock the screen with the Back Tap shortcut.
Here’s how you can turn on or turn off the flashlight on iPhone 13 by tapping the back of your device.
- Head to Settings > Accessibility > Touch.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select “Back Tap”.
- Go to ‘Double Tap’ and select Torch under the System category. You can also assign Torch to the ‘Triple Tap’ action.
- Double-tap (or triple-tap) firmly on the back of your iPhone to turn on or off the torch.
Do tell us which method you like the most in the comments below.
More iPhone 13 Tips: