Guide to Install Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Custom ROM on LG Optimus One [Step by Step Instructions]
Step 2: Custom Recovery
Download and install “ROM Manager” app from the Android market. Now open z4root/GingerBreak again and you will see a message requesting Superuser access, select ‘Allow’ option to grant permission. Then the ‘UnRoot’ option will get active too.
- Now open ROM Manager, a message will appear, select OK to continue.
- Select the first option named “Flash ClockworkMod Recovery”.
A confirm phone model window will appear, carefully select ‘LG Optimus One’ option. Now a pop-up will open asking for Superuser access, instantly click Allow. A dialog box will open saying ‘Successfully Flashed ClockworkMod Recovery!’ as show below.
- Now select the option “Reboot into Recovery” from ROM Manager.
Your device will now boot into custom recovery –
In custom recovery, touch screen does NOT work – You have to scroll through options using the volume buttons and select an option using the menu button at extreme left.
- Open “backup and restore” using menu key and then select the backup option.
- The device will now automatically start taking a full backup of internal memory which can be used in future for restoring default firmware. Be patient as it takes time!
The device will now reboot automatically, if it doesn’t then select “reboot system now” from the main recovery menu. It’s the last time you see Android 2.2.
Copy the Backup of Current Firmware from SDcard to your Computer – To do so, connect your phone to system via USB cable and Turn on USB storage. Look for a folder “clockworkmod”, copy the entire folder to your computer. This is the backup of Android 2.2 OS that you were using currently, it can be restored later if required.
>> Check Step 3 at Page 3