Those who like watching and creating reels must be aware that anyone can watch, share, like, and comment on reels. Users also have the option to share their Instagram reels on Facebook for a relatively better reach.
While using Reel Insights (to track the reach and performance of your reels) requires users to have a business or creator account. That said, users who aren’t creators and love posting reels for fun can still check the basic statistics of reels. For instance, anyone can freely see the total number of likes and comments on a certain reel, both on Instagram and Facebook.
It is however possible to see who liked your reel on Instagram and Facebook. Viewing the list of people a reel is liked by can help you easily find if a particular person has liked your reel or not.
Now, how do I see who liked my reels on Facebook and Instagram? Let’s find out.
How to see who liked your reels on Instagram
- In the Instagram app, tap your profile tab and go to the ‘Reels’ tab.
- Navigate through your reels and view the reel whose ‘Liked by’ you want to check.
- Tap the numeric count shown right below the Like button (heart icon).
- Under ‘Liked by‘, scroll down and go through the list of people who have liked that reel. You can even follow them or view their profile.
TIP: Using this method, you can check liked by on someone else’s reel as well.
The only downside is that Instagram reels show not more than 100 likes from people, irrespective of the like count.
How to see who liked my reels on Facebook
- In the Facebook app, go to the Menu tab and tap the “Reels” shortcut.
- Tap your profile picture in the top-right corner.
- Tap the “My Reels” tab to view all the Facebook reels posted by you. Then open a reel.
- To find the people who liked your reel on Facebook, tap the number under the Like button (thumbs up icon).
- The Likes section will clearly list all the people who have liked your reel. You can view their profile, send a message (if friends), or add them as a friend.
In a similar way, you can see the list of likes on other people’s Facebook reels.
NOTE: If a reel (originally shared on Instagram) is recommended on Facebook, then it will include the likes and plays from Instagram as well.
You can clearly see this mentioned at the top when viewing reel likes on Facebook. It also shows exactly how many likes out of the total likes are from Instagram.